BizTalk360 Cloud is a subscription-based product, which means your current plan will be automatically renewed at the end of each billing cycle. You can choose to upgrade or downgrade your plan at any given time, so you have full control over the period you want your current subscription to be active. BizTalk360 Cloud's flexible pricing plans work with you as your needs change over time. Depending on your artifacts count, you can choose to upgrade or downgrade your pricing plan. In this article, you’ll learn how to change your pricing plan.
If you are upgrading your BizTalk360 Cloud account from Free plan to a Paid plan for the first time read this article
- Log into your BizTalk360 Cloud account
- Click the Settings (gear) icon from the left navigation pane
- Click the Payment option from the menu
- Click on the Change Plan tab
- The Change Plan blade lists your current plan information such as Payment Cycle, Subscription Plan, and Subscription Status. To change the plan, you can select your preferred Payment Cycle and the Artifact Tier based on your monitoring needs. Click Next
- You can check the payment details in the Payment Summary blade and click Confirm to make the payments
- Click Previous to cancel the payments and make changes to your plan
- Clicking on the Confirm will take you to Payment status screen
- Follow the steps 1-5 as mentioned in the upgrade scenario
- In case, your configured artifact count is greater than the plan count you choose, the system will prompt a message "Your configured artifact count is greater than the plan count, you must first reduce the configured artifact count before doing the downgrade".
- Click OK and remove the artifacts mapping accordingly to fit in your plan
- Once the configured artifact count matches with the selected plan, click Confirm
- The system will prompt a message "Your next billing date is MMDD, YYYY. If you downgrade the license plan now, you will lose the remaining credit/artifact count. Are you sure you want to continue?"
- Click Yes to downgrade the plan
- Your plan will be changed and the updated billing will take effect from the next billing date