BizTalk360 Cloud allows you to seamlessly monitor various things in your BizTalk environment like Receive Locations, Orchestrations, Send Ports, and Host Instances.
In this section, we will see how to set up monitoring on the application's send ports. Send ports in BizTalk Server are used for transmitting messages to the downstream systems. It's important to make sure the send port is healthy and running in an expected state to avoid any downtime sending messages to external systems. BizTalk360 Cloud assists users by monitoring the send ports against an expected status. For instance, you want to monitor the send ports and want to be alerted when the status is not started, you can easily set up monitoring for this by setting the expected state to started. By doing this, the system will trigger an alert as soon as the send port status is not started.
One of the important features of BizTalk360 Cloud monitoring is, it allows you to set up monitoring for any desired state, not necessarily just healthy running state always. Most of the monitoring solutions will only monitor for a healthy state. When it comes to BizTalk, it's fairly normal; for example, you have some send ports in stopped state for some reason and you do not want someone to accidentally start it. If you wanted to achieve this in general purpose monitoring solutions, it may involve a considerable amount of custom development, whereas in BizTalk360 Cloud it's out-of-the-box.
When you are configuring monitoring for send ports, once you select the send port, you can then select one of the expected state from the drop down. The meaning of the states is:
- Started– The send port is expected to be in started state
- Stopped– The send port is expected to be in stopped state
- Unenlisted– The send port is expected to be in unenlisted state
- Do not monitor– Selecting this option will disable monitoring for the selected send port
Setting Up Alerts For Send Ports
- Log into your BizTalk360 Cloud account
- Click 'Manage Environment' in the environment pane
- Click 'Monitor BizTalk Applications' from the navigation pane
- Select the Application for which you want to set up the monitoring
- Select the Alarm name (see creating an alarm) from the drop down for which you would like to associate the alerts
- Choose the Send Ports that you wish to monitor
- Select the check box against the send ports you wanted to monitor
- Set the value of Expected State by selecting the value from the drop down. For instance, if the current state of the send port is started and you want to be alerted when it is stopped, you need to set the value in the drop down to Started
The alert for the Send Port is set and the status of the artifact will be reflected on the Application page