It's one of the common practice in supporting a BizTalk environment for support people to maintain daily/weekly routine to take a look at the overall health status of BizTalk environment(s). BizTalk360 Cloud helps to automate that process by creating a daily health check/status alarm at set timing (ex: Mon-Fri, 9 AM). When you are creating an alarm, on the "Health Monitoring Alert" page, you can set up the alarms to monitor the health of the environment on a periodic basis. You can configure the days/times as per your convenience/requirement.
Setting Up Daily Health Check/Status Monitoring
- Follow the steps 1–4 as mentioned in Creating an alarm section
- Click 'New Alarm' in the Manage Alarms screen and select Health Check Notification
- Enter the Alarm name (ex:Health Monitor), enter a valid Email address (you can enter multiple email address as comma separated values), and Alarm Description. Click Next to enter the Health Monitoring Alert page.By default, the logged in user id will be entered in the Email Id column. The user can enter multiple email address as comma separated values to receive separate alerts to all email address.
- On this blade, you have the option to choose the days and times you want to receive periodic update about the health of your environment
- Click OK to save the alarm information
- The alarm will be created and you will be redirected to the Manage Alarms page. The Manage Alarms page will list the alarms that have been created for the environment
The Manage Alarm screen allows you to configure both the threshold alarm as well as health check notification within a single alarm. You have the option to either configure them separately on their respective alarms or you can configure both of the alarms together as a consolidated alarm.
Once the alarm is configured, then you can associate various sections like receive locations status, send ports status etc., all to the alarm. It will be checked periodically and you'll receive an email as shown below.